As we approach the end of the year, I have a few finished quilts I want to get up on the blog before I start fresh in 2021. This version of a star quilt is one of them.
When I first posted this quilt topI wrote about how I didn’t love it. After I was done with the top, I realized I could have made different fabric choices that would have worked better, but it was a good learning experience, nonetheless.
The main problem is that the red star points don’t stand out enough. I wish I would have made all of them solid red so they really popped. You live and learn, or in this case, you quilt and learn.
The one thing I do love about this quilt is the back of it.
I used a vintage bedsheet and it went perfectly with the top.
Every time I go to a thrift store I check for vintage sheets that are in good condition for quilt backs. They are usually wide enough for a back so you don’t have to piece one together. Plus, they add a unique touch and are not only a great way to save money, but they also reduce waste.
The binding is Alison Glass and really tied the front and back together.
That’s it for this quilt. It’s now folded and part of a growing stack of quilts I don’t have much room for. I’m sure all of you know what I’m talking about.