Today’s post is a short one, but I wanted to document that I did finish this quilt!
I talk in more detail about it in my original blog post that you can read about here. To recap, the blocks in this quilt are all made from scraps. They come from my large stash of Denyse Schmidt fabric that I’ve hardly made a dent in.
This quilt is very large, which wasn’t my original intent, but I realized I had a great quilt back already – a vintage bed sheet – so I made the top larger to utilize the majority of the vintage sheet.
I love this sheet. It has orange and yellow flowers that, with the white background, is a nice contrast to the black front of the quilt.
You can’t see the quilting in these pictures, but I hand quilted flowers in all of the black squares. I really like how it turned out and it’s kind of a nod to the flowers in the quilt backing. I’ll have to take a close up picture of the quilting and post it to my Instagram later, so watch for it there.
That’s a wrap on this quilt. Have a great week, and follow me on Insta for a look at everything I’m working on!